Learn to Group Ride
WCC provides programs, knowledge, skills, club rides, camaraderieship and support to all those who want to cycle and increase their fitness and performance. Participants must be at least 15 years of age and be comfortable on a bike.
Road riding is an exciting, but sometimes intimidating world to enter.
- Can I keep up with the group?
- How do I ride in a paceline?
- How do I gear going up hills?
- I really just want to have fun, meet people like me and learn to ride better.
The Learn to Group Ride is an ideal way to meet new riders, learn from experienced leaders and go for a spin with friends while practicing the skills of group cycling. See below for more details.
Note: An orientation night for Learn to Group Ride will normally be held on Wednesday in late April. Watch the website, Facebook and Twitter for more details.
You will learn the etiquette of group riding while improving your confidence riding in a group. Each week will focus on a new skill. This is a clinic/teaching type ride NOT for speed or distance. You will learn,
- How to communicate in a group.
- Safe drafting.
- How to Ride pace and keep a group together.
- Survival skills for the road (basic repairs).
- Introduction to double pace line.
You must be a WCC member to participate in the Wednesday night ride program.
For more information contact: email@example.com
Note: We will do our best to accommodate all skill and fitness levels.
This is primarily a road ride intended for participants on road bicycles. However, the group riding skills are transferable to other rides such as the Gravel Grinders.
What you should bring to the ride,
- Road bicycle in safe running condition.
- CSA/SNELL/ANSI approved bicycle helmet.
- Water bottles and food.
- Cycling computer/odometer (to maintain a consistant pace in a group).
- Cell phone (optional).
- Emergency contact information/ID (let someone know where you are going).
- Basic tools, spare inner tube, pump or CO2 inflation cartridge.
- Front and rear light for late season rides.
Usually starts the first Wednesday in May and runs for 6 weeks. The program will extend if some weeks are cancelled due to weather. Please watch the website forum, Facebook and Twitter.
Each week the program starts at 6:30pm. Be sure you and your bike are ready by this time.
Start at RIM Park, North East corner of Parking Lot, just off Millennium Blvd. Registration is NOT required for the program, but you must be a WCC Member.