The Race of Truth
The Waterloo Cycling Club has two Time Trial series:
- Our traditional 14 km Thursday Evening event on Crowsfoot Road.
- 40 km Sunday morning Time Trial.
The time trial will be cancelled if any of the following is true,
- There is solid rain (causing rooster tails off your back wheel) or lightning between setup (before sign-in) and the planned end.
- The temperature is below 0 C
- There are sustained winds greater than 40 kph.
If the ride is going to be cancelled, it will be cancelled in Activities.
2019 WCC Time Trial Series and Planned Dates
- For 2019 there will be a new WCC Time Trial Series
- Categories: Aero and Merckx (Men & Women)
- Participants will be awarded points for their best placing across 5 of 7 events
- Awards will be presented to each series winner at the end of the season at the fall social
- Only members can compete in the club TT series however OCA affiliated members can participate as a guest and receive a time. (Non-members will not receive points)
- There is no cost to participate - FREE
The following is the initial schedule of dates for the 2019 season. For up-to-date information on this year's dates, updates, course map, and cancellations check Ride with GPS.
Thursday Time Trial
The Thursday Night Time Trial (TT) series is held every four weeks. It normally starts in early May and ending with a championship night in early September. There will be two divisions: no aero-equipment and anything goes.
It is a race against yourself and the challenge is to improve on your own personal time week by week.
The course on Crowsfoot road is 13.86 km; roughly 7 km out and 7 km back. This is a very fast flat course (other than a little downhill ramp at the start to get you going and to challenge you at the finish).
Sign up begins 15 minutes before the first riders leave. No riders will be add after the first rider starts.
Arriving after the start time means you will have to wait until the next time trial – so please be on time.
For this year's dates check in Activities.
Crowsfoot road, just outside of Conestogo.
Sunday Time Trial
The Sunday Morning Time Trial (TT) series will be held on the middle weekend of the summer months. There will be two divisions: no aero-equipment and anything goes.
The 40 km course, 20 km out and back, just west of Monkton is exceedingly flat and smooth. The start / finish line is on county road 55 just west of 23. There is room to park on the side of the road near the start.
Sign up begins at 9:30 and ends at 9:45. The first rider will go off at 10 am.
For this year's dates check in Ride with GPS.
Just east of Monkton on line 55.